|Subject:||Live online chat for your website|
|Creation date:||9/3/09 1:31 PM|
|Last modified on:||9/4/09 11:08 AM|
Live Online Chat Live Online Chat is a custom application allowing you to establish a chat session with visitors on your website. Using Live Online Chat, you can help your visitors find what they need before they get frustrated and leave your site.
Using Live Online Chat, you can provide your visitors with immediate assistance, explain product options, and answer support-related questions while customers are still on your site.
- Effortless integration - Select the pages that should get chat enabled. The system automatically displays a chat link on these pages when an operator is available. This link is not displayed when no operators are logged in.
- Unlimited operators - No limit on how many chat operators you have.
- Simultaneous chat - One operator can simultaneously chat with multiple visitors
- Email chat script - Ability to email chat script to the end user
- Zero install - Nothing gets installed on either visitor's or operator's machine
- Message Broadcast - Operator's can chat among themselves, allowing junior operators to get help from senior employees during a chat
- Canned/Template replies - Create a list of canned replies. Operators see these replies during their chat session and with just one click the text is sent to the visitor.
- Audible notifications - Besides visual notifications, operators and visitor also hear sound when a new chat is created or a message is sent.
- Geo IP - System automatically fetches the city and country of the visitor from their IP address. This information is displayed on operator's screen.
- Visitors - Individuals who visit your web site.
- Operators - Employees in your company who sit on the other end of the chat to answer questions posted by visitors.
How does it work
- Select pages on your site for which you need to enable chat. This is done by logging in as an admin and selecting Online Web Chat under the Custom Application tab.
- You or someone else in your company logs in as a chat operator. Typically, individuals in sales or support play this role. One operator can chat will multiple clients simultaneously.
- The system will automatically display a link on the upper right hand corner of every page that is chat enabled.
- When a user clicks on the chat link, they system will notify the logged in operator(s) about this visitor.
- One of the operator accepts this chat request and now he/she can start chatting with the online visitor on your site.