|Subject:||Enabling blogs on your website|
|Creation date:||9/23/09 11:45 AM|
|Last modified on:||9/23/09 12:16 PM|
Enabling blogs is a two step process:
- Account creation - Site administrator need to create necessary accounts for employees who wish to blog
- Blogging - Employees login to their account and create blogs
Account creationFollow the steps below to create accounts.
- Login as a site administrator
- Click on Custom Application's tab
- Click on the link for Blog
- Click Add a new blogger, which opens up a small screen allowing you to enter a
- Nick name - one word name of the blogger
- Email address - this is used as a login id for the blogger
- Password - create a password used for authentication
- The newly added blogger will appear on the same page.
- This page displays the URL for blogging as well, which is based on the following convention
Blogging Once necessary accounts are created, bloggers can login to their account using the email and password that was used to create this account.
When bloggers log in for the first time, they are asked to fill out some information about themselves, which includes information about their name and a short description. Optionally, they can also upload a picture that is displayed alongside their blogs.
To add a new blog, click the Add a new blog link that appears on the top. Every blog has a subject and the main body.