|Subject:||Adding hyperlinks to your page|
|Creation date:||6/9/09 12:33 PM|
|Last modified on:||6/9/09 2:11 PM|
Adding hyperlinks to your pageHyperlinks (or links for short), are a word or several words in a web document whose function is to direct a web browser to the address they link to when clicked on. When you browse any website, anything that is clickable is a usually a hyperlink.
You can create as many hyperlinks as needed for your web page.
Follow the steps below to add a hyper link.
- Log in to your site as an administrator
- Navigate to the page you wish to edit
- Click on the Modify icon to open the page in an editor.
- Highlight the text you wish to change to hyperlink
- Click the hyperlink button in the Formatting bar. Refer to the image below.
- This opens up the hyperlink window.
- You can either select an existing page or manually type a URL for an external website.
- Check the Open link in a new window box if you want the new page to be opened in a different window.
- Finally, click the OK button and save the page.